Last revised on: November 16, 2021
We take privacy seriously. If you sign up or access any of Party Round websites or services, including all associated features and functionalities, websites, platforms, mobile applications, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software applications associated with our services (collectively, the "Site"), will ask for, collect, and store personal information about you (your “Personal Data”). We would not be able to provide our Fundraising Services to you without the Personal Data you provide us, which is why we want you to know that we take our responsibility to protect your Personal Data very seriously. We also want to make very clear how we use your Personal Data so that you can make informed choices about your use of our Fundraising Services.
If you do not want us to collect Personal Data from you or share Personal Data with any third parties or otherwise disclose your Personal Data, you should not use the App, access our Website, or use our Fundraising Services.
1. Personal Data We Collect
In the table below, we provide the list of categories of Personal Data that Party Round collects and some examples for a better understanding. We also have identified the main sources and purposes for collection:
2. Personal Data Shared with Third Parties
3. Cookies and Trackers
• Provide you services that allow you to email or chat with our customer service team
• Perform website analytics
• Improve the advertisements you see
• Prevent fraud and prevent attacks against our websites and Services
• Advertise Party Round products and services, and additional products and services from our partner companies
• Websites you visit
• Length of time the advertisement was visible
• IP Address
You can block cookies at any time using your web browser settings, but doing so may limit your browsing experience and your ability to use certain features of the Website, App, or Fundraising Services. We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” or DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
Party Round also uses Google Analytics. The following link explains how Google uses data when you use its partners’ websites and applications: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Your use of Party Round’s website is evidence of your consent to Party Round storing and accessing cookies and other information on your computer or phone and Party Round’s use of Google Analytics in connection with such activities. Please read the information at the link provided so you understand what you are consenting to.
4. Updating Your Personal Data
While we make every effort to ensure that all Personal Data we collect and store is accurate, complete, and up-to-date, you can help us by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your information. You will be able to view and change aspects of your Personal Data by logging in to your Party Round account and updating your profile.
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
6. California Privacy Rights
As a California consumer, you have the following choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Data subject to certain limitations under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
- Right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the Personal Data we have collected, used, disclosed or sold about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Data;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the Personal Data;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the Personal Data; and
- the categories of Personal Data about you that we disclosed for a business purpose and sold to third parties, and the categories of third parties to whom the information was disclosed or sold.
- Right to delete. You may request that we delete the Personal Data we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under the CCPA.
- Right to opt-out from sale of Personal Data. You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. We do not sell your Personal Data.
- Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may email us at email@example.com or mailing us at 2261 Market Street, Unit 4575, San Francisco, CA 94114. We will verify your identity before responding to your request by either verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file, or by requiring you to log into your account.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent
If any authorized agent submits a consumer request under the CCPA on your behalf, we require the authorized agent to submit the following information so that we can confirm their authority to act on your behalf:
- Evidence of authorization to act on behalf of the California consumer: (1) California Secretary of State authorization, (2) notarized written permission from the California consumer, or (3) power of attorney.
- Evidence of identity of the California consumer: (1) first and last name, (2) email address, and (3) password.
7. Your Data Protection Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. To find contact details, click here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only (i) where we need the Personal Data to carry out our obligations under the Terms; (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. We have a legitimate interest in operating our Fundraising Services and communicating with you as necessary to provide these Fundraising Services, for example when responding to your queries, improving our Fundraising Services, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities.
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you or may otherwise need the Personal Data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data).
8. International Data Transfers
We will store and process your Personal Data in the United States. If you use the App from outside the United States, you acknowledge we will transfer your Personal Data to, and store your Personal Data in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and Personal Data may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
9. How We Protect Your Privacy
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your Personal Data. We limit access to your Personal Data to our authorized employees or agents and we contractually require our business partners and service providers to limit their use of your Personal Data. We also maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse, damage or modification, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
10. Social Media
11. Third-Party Links
12. Children’s Privacy
The Party Round Website and App are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect, use, sell, or share any Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under the age 16 has provide Data to us, we will delete it.
14. Contact Us